The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizations human resource department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.