Jan. 25, 2024: CPA DAY Georgia Society of CPAsWe are delighted to announce that CKH Group (specifically CTO Frank D'Urban Jackson) will be in attendance at CPA Day hosted by the Georgia Society of CPAs on January 25, 2024.
CPA Day is an event hosted by the Georgia Society of CPAs at “the Gold Dome” in Georgia on January 25, 2024. Each year, the Georgia General Assembly introduces numerous pieces of legislation with the potential to impact you, your profession, or your clients. Participating in this event at the Gold Dome offers you the chance to build crucial relationships within the state general assembly. Seize the opportunity to share your perspectives on vital issues in the accounting profession and aid your state legislators in comprehending the challenges faced by CPAs in Georgia.
Now is the time to advocate for your profession by engaging with elected representatives, enlightening them about the indispensable role CPAs play in local communities and the business sector of Georgia. This exclusive opportunity not only provides immediate benefits but also contributes to the profession’s well-being in the years ahead.
Join your fellow CPAs and peers at this complimentary event to gain insights into Georgia’s legislative process. Additionally, enjoy the added perk of earning 1.5 hours of free Continuing Professional Education (CPE). If you are interested in meeting with your State Representative or State Senator, you can register below to add the optional session to your agenda.
Thursday, January 25th
- 7:00 a.m. – Registration (The Freight Room at the Freight Depot)
- 7:30 a.m. – Breakfast and Networking (Members and Legislators)
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m. – Carlton Hodges, Chair, The Georgia Society of CPAs
- 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Legislative Update
- 9:45 a.m. – Photo at the North Staircase on the 2nd Floor
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Attend House and/or Senate Floor Sessions
- 11:30 a.m. – Lunch on your own
- 1:00 p.m. – Legislator Appointments and Departure